Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Give What You Have


ACTS 3:6




 

Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

 

Thinking of the above scripture I thought many of us can relate to the first part about the silver and gold (meaning money).  But about the second part most would say “I’m not a prophet or a miracle worker, so how can I help the lame.”  But that isn’t quite the point to this scripture.  For me the point is to help someone in need.  Lots of times people need things other than money.  Some people need spiritual guidance, some need uplifting; some need love in their lives or someone who cares about their wellbeing.  There are many things people need and it’s not about the money.

 

So my message is it’s this; give what you can when you can and how you can.  I remember one day walking into the ladies room on my job and there was a young lady over the sink washing her hands.  “Spirit” told me to ask the lady how she was doing.  But you know how we fight that wee small voice sometimes and so I just walked past her and went into the stall.  While I was in there it kept bugging me that I didn’t do what “Spirit” had said to do.  It kind of beat me up a little.  So when I finished and walked to the sink she was still there and I said to her, “Hey, how are you doing today?”  At that she just burst into tears.  She began telling me her situation and how depressed she was.  I listened carefully and at the end of her citation I explained to her that “God” had her back.  I told her if he didn’t have her back he would have never told me to ask her how she was.  Most of the time we do things by “Spirit” and it is not for our understanding but for the person to whom it is given.  Sometimes the person relating the message does not even remember what they said because they were in “Spirit” and it wasn’t meant for them to understand. It was just meant for them to do or say.  So when it comes to donating to others it doesn’t always have to be money.  It could be time, it could be your presence or a kind word or a smile.  Paul says he gives freely of what he does have and then he blessed the man with a healing.  We can do the same thing.  The healing doesn’t have to be miraculous only needful.

 

Keep blessing people and they will keep blessing you.  And remember, the blessing does not usually come from the people we bless but through another.
 
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/NetworkJunction

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnrBsX6eK21Yiq-GySc_-Hg?feature=mhee

http://www.blogger.com/home?pli=1



http://www.Networkuniversity.info
toll-free number: 1-888-210-1575
 

You can watch my You Tube video below:



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment