Wednesday, November 20, 2013

I’d like to introduce you to “My Hero”. She’s 8 years old.

Her name is Nataly Gonzalez. She lives in Puerto Rico. I met her, her mother Bada and her grandmother Ludy on a cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and Barbados. We shared a table at the early seating for dinner.

As you can see, Nataly looks like a little angel and that is the way I’ve come to think of her. She has long wavy hair down to her waist. She was just the sweetest thing I’ve met in a long time. And something about her eyes touched my heart every time I looked at her. Now I guess you’re wondering why I said that she is my hero. This is why.

Her mom told me that Nataly has decided to donate her beautiful locks to the sick children who need wigs because they lost their own hair due to illness. Now for me, it was truly amazing for a child so young to be so compassionate as to think about other children who would benefit from her sacrifice. It never ceases to amaze me how many wonderful people there are who care so much about others. It is a good testimony to her family who raised her to be so kind a loving. Children have always held a special place in my heart and this one just melted it by her courageous sacrifice and her loving heart. God bless you Nataly and bless your family for raising you so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment