Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How To Copy and Paste



Even though most of us are relatively competent in the operation of computers there are a few stragglers out there who don’t really know what I call the pre-basics of using the computer.  Sure, they know some things because they either want to or have been forced to do something on the computer but haven’t become efficient enough in other areas.  Therefore it is on my heart to share what knowledge I do have with those of us who have resisted learning the computer for whatever reason.

I guess, since I taught in the Chicago Public School System for several years practicing as a substitute teacher I long to practice my skills again.  I really enjoyed teaching but it seemed that I would never make FTB (Full-time Basis) status.  It seemed as though right when it was about to happen some teacher would come along and bump me out of the position.  So I had to move on to a real full-time job so that I could support my family.  My experience as a teacher could be a whole new book but it is at least another chapter.  So I want to share this pre-basic computer training with those of us who are trying to get it together.

To copy and paste is easy. First go to the beginning word(s) that you want to copy. I'm using a laptop and not a mouse. I'm using the key pad in front of the keyboard. So using the key pad I click on the lower left-hand corner holding it down while I run my finger over the keypad with slight pressure in order to highlight the word, phrase, paragraph, etc.

Once the information is highlighted point the cursor somewhere in the blue area that is highlighted and right click. That will bring a dropdown box and you choose "copy" from the options. Next you pull up a blank document (Word, WordPad, etc.). When you see the blinking cursor (or if you don't see it just click anywhere that you want to paste the content on the page; then you will see the blinking cursor). Then right click again. You'll see the dropdown box again and this time you select "paste". There you have it.

This time when you select your copy using a mouse, left click it and hold it down while dragging it across the content you want to copy until it is all highlighted. Then holding down the Ctrl (Control) button also press V (for paste) and you will see it pasted. If you want to repeat the paste on the same page just Ctrl-V again as many times as you want to repeat the copy and paste.

If this video helped you in any way please leave a comment. If there is anything in particular that you would like to learn about pre-basic computer training contact me and I will see what I can do to help you. Don't forget to subscribe to my You Tube channel and my blog. Connect with me on Facebook and twitter or call me on my toll-free number.

 

 




 


 


 

Toll-free number:  1-888-210-1575

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment